Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Who do YOU race for?



I am racing in memory of my mother, my aunt & my grandmother. I am among the next generation of women in my family all dreading to hear the news that we have the big "c" - breast cancer. We are all 40 and younger yet several of us have already had a scare or two of our own. We are young mothers, wives, sisters, aunts, friends with uncertain futures ahead of us.

I know breast cancer awareness is made very public and there are lots of fundraisers for research yet we still can't find a cure.

My first step this year is to participate in the SC Mountains to Midlands Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure race being held on Saturday, Sept. 25. This is where you can help. If you are in the Greenville or Upstate SC area and want to join my team, we'd love to have you walk with us. If you can't participate but can donate, we'd love that assistance too.

Remember, breast cancer is NOT just a woman's disease. Men get breast cancer too!

Click HERE to join my team or to donate funds. Ironically, the race is being held at Fluor Field (our local baseball stadium) and our team name is Saving Second Base. Why not have a little humor while helping out such a serious cause.

Thanks a bunch for your generosity!

No comments: