Friday, November 21, 2008

Denim Blue Crochet Hand Warmers - Free Pattern

Well, I've promised a few of you that I would post this free pattern so here we go.


Yarn: Caron Simply Soft yarn in Country Blue - 2 strands held together

Hook size: K

Yarn needle

Gauge: Depends on yarn and hook size; measure wrist circumference and measure from middle knuckle of index finger to desired length up your arm.



These are crocheted open and then stitched closed.

Here is the pattern I made for this particular set to measure approximately 8" long for a 6" wrist.

Cast on 36

Row 1: SC in 2nd ch from hook for 35 SC across, ch 2 turn

Row 2: HDC in 2nd SC from hook for 35 HDC across, ch 1 turn

Row 3: SC in 2nd ch from hook for 8 SC (or approx 2" from end) ch 5, sk next 5 st, SC for remainder of row, ch 2 turn. You've just made your thumb hole.

Repeat Row 2.

Repeart rows 1 and 2 for approximately 6" ending with Row 2, tie off end.

With yarn needle stitch seams closed lengthwise.

Voila, you've made a ribbed hand warmer! Enjoy!

Here is a thumbs up approval from the recipient of these warmers. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TOTALLY a big (and warm) thumbs up! These are wicked warm & now I can work away, inside or out. I have always had trouble with my wrists getting cold...no more! They are my sweater extenders!

I LOVE THEM! Thanks 2 tons! Everyone needs a pair!