Thursday, January 8, 2009

Moda Bistro Pinwheel Rag Quilt - Preview


I decided to make my SIL a rag quilt for a wedding gift. They are not having a "traditional" sort of wedding. I had planned on an all white with an embroidered corner with their wedding date, etc. After talking and hearing how their home is decorated, I decided otherwise.

I have now decided to use these yummy reds & blacks from Moda's Bistro Layer Cakes. I am pinwheeling the blocks prior to ragging them. I can't wait to see the final quilt, these colors are so rich together. Makes you want to reach for that mug of coffee! LOL

I plan to work on the pinwheel blocks tonight and have preview pics of those soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great choices! love that color combo!

Unknown said...

Thanks! I plan to use cream or tan flannel batting to brighten it up just a tad.