Monday, August 23, 2010

Double Wedding Ring Table Runner (WIP)













I am working on a double wedding ring table runner for a friend that is giving it as a wedding gift in September. We chose a vintage piece of fabric that is pre-printed (cheater) fabric and things were looking great until last night.......the fabric tore.....heavy sigh.

I did take a few photos of the stitching before I got too far along. Looks like I'm back to square one and have to complete it by 9/2/2010...yikes! Not bad timing if I didn't work a full time job too. No fear, I work well under pressure! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, what a shame! It looks beautiful. Maybe you can make something else with what you can salvage?

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. It looks gorgeous. It's a quilt, they can have patches. I know this uses cheater fabric, but is there anyway you can patch the tear, and maybe add a couple other patches so it looks like you meant it to look that way? I feel your pain, on the time crunch. Good luck finding a solution, or in just starting over. ~Nita