Wednesday, April 21, 2010
First Free Motion Quilting Project
I was experimenting last night & decided to try my first free motion quilting project. It's a potholder that turned out to be a disaster but hey, it's for me and I really need new potholders anyway! LOL
I did learn a few things though with the darning foot....let the machine control the stitches & don't pull too hard or the back threads are LOOSE. I didn't take a photo of the back. It was fun & something I plan to keep it up. :-) I also need to work on my "movement". I felt more comfortable with a figure 8 movement than anything else so that might become my "signature" free motion quilting design.
The binding was another story, I used the premade bias tape and I've not used it a long time. It didn't want to work with me last night either. We all have those days I suppose so I'm not too upset about it.
This is a nice LARGE pot holder too, measuring about 10.5" square.