Sunday, February 22, 2009

Organizing Sewing Room


I needed some no-brain work this evening and decided to refold a huge box of my personal stash fabric using a great method. You use your ruler to fold the fabric so it's all the same width despite the size of your piece of fabric. There is a great video online showing an example but I can't find it at the moment.

I am so excited about this! It is saving so much space AND I can see exactly what I have on hand without digging through boxes.

I've got a a few photos here. I can't wait to get the rest of the room refolded and stacked!

4 comments:

Bebesboutique said...

Good Job! Now come to my Cave and do it! lol

Chris Dahl said...

I found your video on folding fabric with a ruler. Or at least a video on folding fabric. http://revver.com/video/709774/easy-steps-to-folding-fabric/

Hope that helps, and now I need to go and fold all mine. Thanks a lot for the idea. (like I needed something else to do! LOL)

Anonymous said...

I saw the video on tipnut. I have also used it to organize my sewing room. Really great for the fabrics you don't use often. For me it is the holiday fabrics.

I even ironed a few pieces that had been washed & just folded before I refolded. That is really saying something (for me)!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your stash is so pretty! Would love to see a picture of your entire cabinet!