Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Quilt Auction in Honor of Mom

Well, today marks the end of my mother's fight with Stage 4 breast cancer. At times is feels like just yesterday I was able to pick up the phone and talk to her - other times it feels like forever. She passed on October 29, 2004 at 53 years old after her long 5 year battle.

Some very dear friends got together and made a rag quilt to auction on eBay to benefit Susan G. Komen Foundation in my mother's name. Click on the link below to see it - if you are an eBay member and can "watch it", please do so that it gets higher on the searches. The money raised is for a great cause.

Rag Quilt Auction

Now a little history of my dear mother, Beverly Maria Rickerd Gregory. She was born in Pittsburgh in August of 1951 and lived in McKees Rocks, PA her entire life until she married my dad in 1969 and moved to San Diego where my dad was stationed (Navy). She was a mother of 2 (me and my brother) and a devoted wife. She loved anything crafty, especially crafts involving yarns/threads; knitting or crochet. I inherited her talents and am now using them myself.

She was my mother, my rock, my best friend and I miss her every day. I never imagined that she would not be here to watch and help me raise my own children. My children were only 3 and 5 when she passed but I talk to them about her all the time to keep her memory alive. She was the first one to hold my oldest son - even before I got to hold him. LOL

Mom, I know you are watching, we love you and miss you and will see you again.......someday.

No comments: