Saturday, October 4, 2008

Cool breezes bring new business

This past week has been booming compared to the past few months. It seems the cooler breezes have brought out buyers in search of quilts for the upcoming winter season and holiday gifts. Good news for all us quilters out there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not busting at the seams with orders but they are rolling in steadily this week so I can't complain at all.

A note to any fellow crafters out there who might find my blog; one of my biggest custom orders came from someone that found a photo online of one of my previous quilts. She didn't find me from either one of my stores or my blog. I try to tag all of my photos and I guess in this case it paid off. If you post photos of your work online, be sure to add tags so searches will find you.

Good luck everyone! I'm off to sew. I have 3 quilts cut out and ready to go that will be listed on Etsy in the next few days and then I'll be working on another custom order.

Heads up, the next 3 quilts are USC Gamecocks, Disney Princess, and a vintage Ducky. Stay tuned for pics and listings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great tip about tagging photos! I usually lazy out on that!

Congrats on your orders!