Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Quilting Slump

I am in such a slump this week. I have ideas and images of quilts rolling around in my head but I just can't seem to get them out and onto my cutting table.

I have been making rag quilts this past year and absolutely love them but have been wanting to make a few traditional quilts as well again. I find my biggest problem is that I have tons of pre-cut squares just waiting for me to make them into SOMETHING.

So I take those little piles and start making a simple scrap block quilt top just to find I really don't have enough to make it a decent size. So, that new pile of 4-patch blocks gets pushed off to the side to pick up another set.

This has been going on for days. The only good thing is that I am acquiring a stock pile of 4-patch blocks. Maybe if I keep using up my scraps this way I will finally end up with some rhyme or reason to a large quilt top.

Maybe I should put my ideas down on paper - nah, what's the fun in that. I love the see what my sewing machine and I create together; sometimes it's planned, other times we just wing it. LOL

Ok, off to see what other sort of trouble I can get into in that sewing room of mine.

No comments: