Saturday, October 4, 2008

eBay & Etsy Store Update

What can I say? I have had an eBay store for quite awhile. I'm sure other sellers have noticed the decline in sales/traffic and with the increase in fvf fees, it's just not cost effective to sell certain items on eBay.

Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled with the success I've had on eBay including my most recent Power Seller status. However, with sales on a downward spiral and fees increasing, it just makes sense for me to push my handcrafted items over to my Etsy store.

If you're not familiar with Etsy.com yet, it's been showcased on Martha Stewart and several other tv shows along with many, many online blogs, etc. It is a great place for sellers of handcrafted items and supplies to sell and an even better place for buyers of handcrafted items. Personally, with the lower fees on Etsy, I can pass those savings onto the consumer and it's a win/win situation.

If you haven't shopped Etsy yet, please stop in soon. I have a few of my favorite shops listed on the right of my blog - check those out too.

The holidays are coming fast - if you like to buy and give handcrafted items, now is the time to start looking. It gives us crafters an opportunity to make that special item for your family or friend.

No comments: